Botany Department and Graduate School Application Checklist
All applicants must complete the Graduate School's online application form, which includes:
- A series of forms requiring personal, demographic and background information
- Reasons for Graduate Study/Statement of Purpose: describe your current degree goals and reason for selecting the UW-Madison Botany program. Upload your statement as a separate document (Adobe PDF or MS Word preferred).
- Current CV: Upload a separate document (Adobe PDF preferred)
- Unofficial copy of transcripts. This does not replace the need to submit official transcripts.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (references from faculty or supervisors who are familiar with your academic, research and/or professional qualifications) to be submitted online
- Official GRE scores sent directly from ETS to UW-Madison via electronic transmission (Institution code: 1846, Department code: 0205)
- Nonrefundable application fee payable to the Office of Graduate Admissions
- Supplemental Application (accessed after you initiate the application process) that includes:
- Botany Applicant Information Form: complete the online form (preview the Applicant Information Form).
- Course History Form: Complete the course history form (.pdf or .doc) and upload the completed document
International applicants: Every applicant whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate instruction was not in English, must submit official TOEFL scores (codes: Institution code: 1846, Department code: 37).
Send official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended for credit to:
Department of Botany
University of Wisconsin-Madison
ATTN: Student Services Coordinator
430 Lincoln Drive, Room 139
Madison WI 53706-1381
Note: International applicant financial information will only be requested by the Graduate School after the departmental recommendation for admission.